Saturday, November 7, 2015

Halifax: Seaport Market


Manitobans can relate, when they think of The Forks. Here, in Halifax the Seaport Market is the customary blend of artisans, food vendors and farm produce. 

It's smaller than The Forks, but certainly worth the visit. 

I couldn't resist the fall apples. They even had pears. Both were beyond delicious. Crisp and full of flavour. Truly, that little Nova Spy apple was the BEST apple I'd ever eaten. I'm so glad I buffed it up and took a photo before it was simply a tasty memory. 

The view alone is worth the visit. There's a beautiful lighthouse across the bay. The Seaport Market is also adjacent to The Canadian Museum of Immigration at Pier 21. Plus, the Via rail station and grand Westin Hotel are mere steps away. 

You won't need a car to travel here. It's an easy and enjoyable walk from nearly all the downtown hotels. 

I can definitely recommend this as a destination for family travel. You have everything in this historic location, to enjoy yourselves for a few hours. There are several observation points where you can sit and watch ships on the water. 

Clean washrooms, authentic and local foods, and much more. 









Best apple I've eaten in my lifetime. 

No comments:

Post a Comment