Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Halifax... I love you already




Dear Halifax,

I know we just met, but I already think I love you.

You are a quirky fishing village, with big city amenities, full of history and charm. I thought I knew what to expect from your on-line profile, but now, having met you in person, I'm intrigued. I need to learn more, and see more of you.

Our first dinner together, was everything I'd hoped. Fresh seafood and a cold Alexander Keith's hit the mark completely.

I see you're a fan of Tim Horton's. I see them here, there and everywhere. That's nice, but I prefer Starbucks, just so you know.

This time change, Celtic music and damp ocean air will take a bit to get used to.... it's just that I'm a prairie girl. I think I mentioned that before.

Can't wait to spend the day together tomorrow. I'm going to wear my raincoat. I think that's best.

Your new & not so secret admirer,

Cathie








No comments:

Post a Comment