Thursday, November 12, 2015

Free Travel Jackpot

I was using a free Air Miles flight to Nanaimo, when Air Canada asked for volunteers to take bump and take a later flight in exchange for compensation.  I volunteered. Why wouldn't I? I was on vacation and wasn't in a huge rush.

The Air Canada clerk thanked me for volunteering and another passenger gave me a hug. She bubbled over graciously thanking me for giving up my seat so she could get back to work on time. (She must love her job! LOL)

The next thing that happened was 'sit and wait.' Indeed, all the confirmed passengers made it to the flight and everyone was boarded. The A/C clerk confirmed the flight was full. Once the doors closed, he made a phone call to the A/C courtesy/help desk and advised them of our agreement.

I walked down to the help desk and about 10 minutes of paperwork ensued. At that point, I was given vouchers for meals, a hotel (which was a really fabulous hotel), my new boarding pass for the morning flight, AND an $800 credit for future Air Canada flights.  Yup. Awesome.

After an average (but still free) meal, at the hotel restaurant I climbed into bed and drifted asleep thinking of all the places I could go with an $800 flight credit. France. Hawaii. California. Ahhh... dreams of California in January. Not a bad way to fall asleep.

And that's how I hit the travel jackpot.


No comments:

Post a Comment