Friday, August 28, 2015

Get it on the grid

Do you like seeing your options?  Let's check out the possibilities for a reggae Christmas with the help of Trip Central. It's a Canadian site with one of the very best searchable realtime databases, IMHO.

Since we all agree, we like 4 star (or better) vacations, I used that as a criteria.

The first screenshot shows all their holiday package destinations.





Then I chose Jamaica. The only city option with All Inclusive offerings was Montego Bay. This second screenshot gives you a basic overview of what it would cost to go in any month of the year. Keep in mind that it's the same hotel, the same flight, the same everything, just the cost is different based on the time of year. (Supply & demand)  




Next choice I made was for December, to plan a reggae Christmas. This screenshot shows the dates available and the lowest cost. 



This final screenshot shows you all the different hotel options and their specific prices. My recommendation would be to look at your budget and the price you are comfortable with, then go to Trip Advisor and read recent reviews for that particular hotel. You may read that it is perfect and meets your expectations, or you may read that it's not your kind of place at all.  




Vacations are very personal. Each person will have their own set of expectations, interests, and family circumstances. And, at least, I have found that at different times in my life, and depending on who I am travelling with, I want very different things. 

My golden rule, is never let price be your ONLY deciding factor.

**Note, I have actually been to Jamaica this year. So if you have detailed questions definitely ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment