Thursday, August 27, 2015

Air Canada gift cards

I will admit, I'm a little disappointed.

I thought that I could buy Air Canada gift cards whenever I had a little spare money, and hoard them in a drawer. I had the idea that then, one fine day, I could treat myself to a "free trip" based on the stack of $50 and $100 gift cards in my possession. I was wrong. (Though it originally seemed like a brilliant idea!)

Now I know, at least when you book on-line, you are only permitted to use two methods of payment per transaction. Meaning..... $100 gift card, plus balance on credit card. You could use two gift cards, but ONLY if combined, they cover the total amount owing. (See redemption notes from the AC site, below)

So, as it stands I can only use one gift card, which makes them no better than a $50 coupon or discount code. But, I purchased these "coupons." See how I'm disappointed?  And originally, I thought these would be a BRILLIANT wedding shower gift, where guests could each purchase gift cards for the happy couple and help them fund a honeymoon.

I will research further and find out if you call and speak with an agent if you can "stack" your gift cards. It seems logical that there WOULD be someway around this payment challenge. But as for right now, I can't recommend buying these gift cards in small denominations.

Gift cards are available at Canada Post locations, in values of $25 and over. You can also redeem Aeroplan miles to receive Air Canada gift cards. And lastly, they are available from the Air Canada site, 24 hours a day.







No comments:

Post a Comment