Friday, February 6, 2015

Our day in the living desert

About 30 minutes south of Palm Springs, there is an area called The Living Desert Zoo & Gardens. If you are looking for a full afternoon or whole day of activities for the family, you should give it a look.

The cost was $25 for one child and one adult admission. They many discounts, including seniors and military. Coupons can be found on-line or at most hotels in their tourist section. You'll save a few dollars, maybe even enough for a camel ride!

In this case, I'm going to let the photos do the talking. We had a great day. The highlight was certainly the camel ride. In my lifetime and many travels it was my first opportunity to ride a camel. I had to go for it! Cost was a mere $5. The ride itself was about 7 minutes, was pretty casual and felt very safe and relaxed. So glad we did it!








Dinosaur stage show

For $5 you could feed a giraffe a carrot. 

This giraffe giving me the stare down for not paying $5 for a carrot.

Meerkat

Eastwood the camel was 9 years old.  

Huge model train display 
In the train yard. A little T-rex fun. I'm sure he's just carrying the sheep to safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment