Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Top 3 Hammocks

People like different things from a vacation. I like my hammock time. When life starts stressing me, I start strategizing ways to get back to a hammock.

Things I look for in a hammock are comfort, location, proximity to water, and beverage accessibility.

My top 3 hammocks are:

1. At the Hyatt Grand Cypress in Orlando Florida. First of all, there were 3 hammocks available. Never did I have to wait for a chance to sit and relax. It was also a fabric hammock which is certainly more comfortable than a rope hammock. It was a glorious rich purple colour. It was near the man-made lake and had some sun shelter. It was also near the kids' area which included a rock wall. Though I did have some concerns about wrecking my bliss with the sound of screaming kids, that never did happen. One morning I even did some parenting from the hammock and cheered for my son on the rock wall while I relaxed. There is a pool bar and waitress service in the area should you wish to have a beverage. Each hammock also had its own side table perfect to keep your belongings and/or beverage nearby. What puts this hammock over the top is that in the evening, you can see the Disneyworld fireworks in the distance. What could be more perfect than that?


Ocean Club (east) Turks and Caicos Islands
2. At the Ocean Club in the Turks and Caicos. I loved my hammock time here. For a long time the photo of me and this hammock served as my Facebook profile picture. However, it's not my all time favourite anymore. It was a rope hammock, at the edge of the beach restaurant/bar, and next to the ocean. It was under a palm tree in the caribbean, which makes it pretty damn perfect. However, you kind of felt on display to the diners and folks sitting at the patio tables 20 feet or so away. While you could hear the lounge music, which was very soothing, you could also hear other people's conversations and kids yelling and splashing in the pool. BUT, it is located at a near perfect resort, at the edge of one of the world's top beaches (Grace Bay) and I loved my time there.

3. At the Sheraton Waikiki Beach in Honolulu Hawaii. It was the least comfortable of the hammocks, but its location was amazing. It was mere steps away from the ocean, it was tied to a palm tree and it was available when I wanted it. While it lacked beverage service, it made up for it in the view. You could see Diamond Head in the distance.

Do you have a favourite hammock? Please leave the locations in the comment box. I'm always on the lookout for new destinations.

Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress, Orlando. Best hammock ever!

Sheraton Waikiki Beach, Honolulu


No comments:

Post a Comment