Monday, August 4, 2014

Our Amazing Adventure: Part 11 Ottawa in Pictures

We had a mere 7 hours to explore the city and we did it on foot, but we sure did have a fabulous time! In downtown Ottawa, there is so much to see and do. We managed to see the changing of the guard ceremony on parliament hill. We found the Terry Fox statue, the Supreme Court building and a Starbucks. We walked along side the Rideau Canal, saw great public art, and then had a leisurely lunch at Byward Market. We could have spent hours at Byward Market... there is so much to see! If I lived in Ottawa I would be living off the fresh fruit and vegetable stands. I'd be a gourmet vegetarian chef! What variety and bounty!

I also managed to detour my son into the brand new Fluevog shoe store at Byward Market. They opened just weeks ago and are such a fun place to shop. The shoes are by an eclectic Canadian designer, who has been making shoes since the 1970s. Fluevog boutiques have been popping up in major urban centres in recent years, finally bringing these funky and fabulous shoes to the main stream soccer moms like myself.  Indeed, I bought a pair. I couldn't resist!

I will let the photos speak for themselves! If this is what we saw in 7 hours, can you imagine a weekend?


















No comments:

Post a Comment