Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Fast Five: My Travel Motives

5 Reasons I travel as much as possible.

1. I can't wait until retirement. I don't know if "retirement" is even an option for my generation.

2. My mom always preached "some day". Her world changed before she turned 60. A stroke changed the whole ball game. I don't think she ever left Canada except for the time I tricked her into a road trip to Texas to see her friend. I was 18. Maybe 19. That's not yesterday.

3. I love to read and research. Then I like to see things for myself. I want to stand in the gardens at Bellagio. I want to surf in Hawaii. I want to see why Grace Bay is always listed in the top 5 beaches on earth. I want to see pink sand on the beaches of Bermuda.  Ok, I should say, "wanted". Tee hee! Been there, done that. Working on a new list!!

4. Points. I get these "points" everywhere & I just have to spend them! No free flight should ever go to waste!

5. I want to show my kids the world. Make no mistake, I did not say "give" them the world. These boys will have jobs and loans and their own goals. But until then, whilst they are young and portable, I want to show them how and where other people live. I want them to have the courage and experience to talk to all people and make friends anywhere. The sooner my kids learn how to cross a border, book a hotel, tip a cabbie etc, the better prepared they will be to be NHL superstars. ;)

6. (The bonus reason!)  It's my reward for working hard. Owning a restaurant you work every weekend. You miss concerts, birthdays, lake time etc.  Jetting off on a Tuesday, kinda makes up for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment