Sunday, June 8, 2014

5 Reasons to get up early on vacation

Don't get me wrong, I love to sleep in. I simply don't think that you are making the most of your precious travel time by being curled up and in dreamland. You ought to be awake and LIVING those dreams.

Here are 5 reasons to get up early:

1. Sleeping isn't SEEING.

2. You will see a city (or wherever you might be) two totally different ways when you see it in the morning, and then the night life as well. Double your vacation value by seeing both sides of a city.

3. Ask others.... Over your morning coffee, ask your barista what you should do today.  "This is my first time in Seattle. I have the whole day free. What do you think I should see?" 

4. Nothing beats a sunrise walk on the beach. Or in the National Park. Or in the heart of the city. Wherever you are, seize the day.

5. Each morning the world starts fresh and has something to show you. Be open to the joy.

But Cathie, I'm on V A C A T I O N.....

Yes. I hear you ;) !  Have an afternoon nap. Have an extra cup of coffee. Do what it takes to make the most of your time away. Take photos and reflect later. Live in the moment.

And when you get home, take one more day to unpack, and reset yourself before you go back to work.  It's how I believe you can turn ANY vacation into the "Best. Vacation. Ever."

No comments:

Post a Comment